Snowboarding: Hit the Slopes With Style
There was a time when simply riding a snowboard made you the extreme guy on the slopes. But now, with more people strapping on a board instead of skis, the stakes have been raised. Fortunately, we've lined up this video tutorial to keep you on the cutting edge. See how to perform an ollie on a snowboard.
1. The Ollie is a multi-functional and all-important riding technique (hopping onto rails, over obstacles, etc).
2. The idea is to shift most of your weight onto your back foot, pulling the front foot up.
3. This will bend the board (and give you spring). Then push off your back leg to help propel you into the air.
4. Once airborne and in your descent, concentrate on placing your board parallel to the ground.
5. This will ensure you land on both feet and have a smooth landing.
6. The Ollie can be practiced without your snowboard on, simulating and executing the movement.
7. Concentrate on balancing on your back foot, pop off of it and land on both feet.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.